So here’s what i’ve been up to this past month:
1) rearranging my etsy shop so all the fun holiday ideas are front and center! check it out here. to see some fun, memorable, custom gift ideas sure to make you a hero this holiday. i also have 2 holiday card designs available, one more traditional and one “fill-in” card that is super fun.
2) signing contracts! 2 books that will be published in 2011 (more details later) are keeping me busy at the art desk, and my first art licensing agreement to sell some of my prints through a well-known retailer is inked! yay!
3) growing a new family member…..and its a boy! the little bun in the oven is definitely doing his best to tire me out, but i’m fighting him for my evenings when i get most of my artwork done. sometimes he wins….but i’m gaining on him! i’m due early march and will be sure to share the joy at the time.
4) still working the “day job” – i am still doing much freelance graphic design work by day to help pay the mortgage and buy myself chocolate….you know, the 2 most important life expenses.
5) contributing blog posts on ScoutieGirl.com – yep. bi-weekly blog post sharing details and insights on my creative life via SGs awesome forum.
6) mailing stuff – sales are not flooding my inbox, but i i’m selling enough that i’ve had to get pretty speedy at printing/packing/and schlepping ot the post office at least 3x each week!! Just upgraded and streamlined my shipping supplies and methods to be more efficient
….oh, and of course we all have our families and friends to squeeze into the mix. i am blessed and lucky that the ones i’ve got are supportive of my crazy ambitions!
Please check out my shop this holiday and bring some artwork into your life, or the life of someone special! Etsy is a wonderful place to support handmade, independent artists and their families : )