Hey Gang! i’ve been absent for a week! But i’ve been busy working on all these things;
– completing art for a secret project with Debra at Apple Treehouse
– completing a commissioned artwork for one of the consignment shop owners who carries my work. (i was so honored she chose me what with all the talented folks she knows : ))
– coming “close” to completion on a huge sketch commission (photo of progress above). It measures 47″ x 47″ and is resting against my fireplace because i needed a change of scenery and to socialize with my family. i’d been holed up in the studio working on this for about 30 hours. i was going stir crazy. Unprofessional to sit on the living room carpet and sketch while watching (er, listening to) some OnDemand? Maybe. But it sure makes all those leaves seem to fill in MUCH faster. : )
– completing a painting for a little girl being adopted from China. This was also an honor because the journey has been a long one and i feel a small part of the welcome home.
– starting to document my next creative living post for Scoutie Girl, which will post July 15th. i’ve actually been working on 3 projects around this place and it’ll be a game time decision which gets posted. Or rather, if i’m being completely honest, it’ll depend on which gets finished first! haha!
– creating 2 new prints for the etsy shop which will post on thursday……hint: one is a “BOY” version of a current customer favorite!
OH! and i think i may have fed, played with, and bathed my child somewhere in there as well….and i suppose i worked the day job……. But who can remember? There’s always new info coming in to replace the old! Please stay tuned this week. i promise there’ll be lots to share. And since i’m on a roll! Why not jump on the bandwagon if you have a special event approaching, a hard-to-shop-for family member or a special anniversary coming up. A piece of custom artwork is a timeless gift and always makes you a hero to the ones you love. Email me here! i LOVE talking custom.