i’ve been dreaming of a little girl’s room inspired by my Mermaid’s Waterfall painting ever since the last stroke of paint had dried.
Here is a little collection of decor items found on etsy and the web that i’d love to use in my fictitious room. The metallic gold swooshes in the painting are my favorite bit to pull out!
i’m also envisioning loosely woven linen type curtains with a bit of coral fisherman’s net swag at the top and some driftwood inspired, weathered furnishings with a touch of white paint. ahhh…girls. a whole different kind of inspiration than my boys (who are cool too!) – just different. : ) (click the collage to enlarge)
1. ombré ruffle bedspread by urban outfitters
2. sandcastle pillow by gypseanurse on etsy
3. sea urchin candleholder (flameless candle for a kiddo of course!) by beautifuldetailswed on etsy
4. capiz shell chandelier by Lou Lou & Company on etsy
5. ocean plait nautical manila rope mat by mystic knotwork on etsy
6. starfish drawer pulls by juxtapositionsc on etsy
7. sea coral in aqua pillow by gypseanurse on etsy
8. Nate Berkus gold sequin throw pillow – sadly, a discontinued product from HSN, but possibly DIY?
9. cast iron round mermaid mirror by carol & andrew on etsy (choose your own color!)
i will continue to build inspiration boards around my paintings to give ya’ll my insight and vision for how the art might fit into or inspire a room!